Veterans Day is celebrated on November 11th each year to thank and honor all who have served to protect our freedom. Each year, a Veterans Day National Ceremony is held at Arlington National Cemetery. The ceremony begins precisely at 11:00 a.m. with a wreath laying at the Tomb of the Unknowns. Talk to your children about the members of your family who are serving or have served in the military. If possible, give them the opportunity to talk with a veteran and personally thank them for their service.
Here’s a set of Veterans Day themed printable activities for your kids. They’ll learn terms related to Veterans Day, learn the different U.S. Military units, make puzzles, play a game of Tic-Tac-Toe and more.
The 11-page Veterans Day Printable Packet includes:
- Veterans Day Puzzle
- Door Hanger, Pencil Topper and Bookmark
- Veterans Day Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Veterans Day Wordsearch
- Veterans Day Crossword Puzzle
- Veterans Day Matching Worksheet
- Veterans Day Multiple Choice Worksheet
- Veterans Day Vocabulary Study Sheet
- U.S. Military Puzzles, Army & Air Force
- U.S. Military Puzzles, Navy & Marines
- Veterans Day Coloring Page
More Fall Fun: